Sunday, January 31, 2010

Pizza!




Pizza

I found a new crust recipe yesterday. It was pretty good, but it has a LOT of yeast and rises quickly so you have to be ready with the toppings quick like a bunny if you prefer your crust thin like I do. I just put all the ingredients in my bread maker and move on with my life, but if you want to make it from scratch, the directions are here. http://www.fabulousfoods.com/recipes/article/46/17753

1 c very warm water
1/4 c olive oil
2 tbsp honey
3 1/2 c flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tbsp yeast

I split the dough in two and rolled them out onto two cookie sheets. JP added a couple ladels of my homemade red sauce (from Lasagna recipe) on each, 4 oz shredded parmesan cheese, toppings, then 4 oz mozzarella.

I used prosciutto, sliced tomatoes, chopped basil, and thinly sliced white onion on the first pizza. JP used chopped spinach, a LOT of fresh garlic, thinly sliced white onion, and sliced tomatoes on the second.

No comments:

Post a Comment